Are You Facing Drug Charges In Georgia?
Drug crimes are some of the most commonly prosecuted cases, and they come with significant consequences under the criminal justice system. The reality behind many drug crimes, however, is socioeconomic inequality and substance abuse issues — things that no amount of jail time will remedy.
Find A Lasting Solution
At the law firm of C. Alan Wheeler, P.C., we believe that individuals who are charged with drug crimes throughout Georgia need the strongest defense possible. They deserve to have their rights upheld and to have a chance at overcoming the challenges before them.
As a seasoned trial lawyer with decades of experience in superior and federal courts throughout Georgia, Alan Wheeler has achieved notable results for individuals facing drug crime charges. These charges include:
- Possession: Physical (on your person) or constructive (in an area you have primary access to) possession of controlled substances like marijuana, cocaine, heroin, Ecstasy and other illicit drugs
- Possession with intent to sell: Possession of a controlled substance or paraphernalia that may be considered evidence of an individual’s intent to sell drugs (e.g., a large volume of drugs, scales, baggies, etc.)
- Drug manufacturing or cultivation: Growing marijuana or producing illicit drugs like methamphetamine
- Fraud, forgery and illegal possession of prescription medication: Doctor shopping, forging prescriptions and otherwise unlawfully gaining possession of medication for fraudulent use
- Drug distribution or trafficking: Selling drugs or possessing large quantities of controlled substances, which may be used as evidence of drug distribution
Were Your Rights Violated?
Law enforcement must follow strict protocols when investigating and arresting individuals on suspicion of drug crimes. An investigation typically involves searching an individual’s property — something that can only be done lawfully with a search warrant or probable cause.
The evidence against you may be suppressed if it was unlawfully gained through illegal search and seizure, entrapment or some other means that violated your rights. Rest assured that our law firm will uncover every opportunity available to defend you, get charges dropped or reduced or otherwise mitigate the consequences of a criminal charge.
Contact our office in Macon, Georgia, via email or by telephone at 478-216-3038 to have your questions answered by an experienced criminal defense lawyer.